My radio show starts in 9 minutes (midnight-2 am cst, 10pm-midnight pst), tune in at 91.5 fm (greater new orleans area) or wtulneworleans.com, click listen live. flying solo tonight, miss you dj mauz!
- Strange and beautiful
- Drunk and careless
- Nostalgic and rich
- Nonpareil melange (a medley without an equal)
- Irreverent and captivating
- Unparalleled and magnetic
- Sticky and yummy
- Sick nasty (meant to be read together)
- Beautiful decay
- Impetuous and vibrant
- Decadent and unique
- Consistently chaotic
- Angelic and heartbreaking
Camilla Skovgaard, LD Tuttle, Alexander McQueen x Puma (RIP</3)
Super super easy just very time consuming. Start with the denim you wanna fuck up. I thrifted mine for $10. And the reason I call em ‘slasher’ is cuz with the red denim it reminds me of bloody gory shit. You need a seam ripper; I got mine for like $3 at Target although I’ve since upgraded to a better one from a fabric store that has a threader on it too and is a bit longer so it’s less unwieldy. The small one did the job but was more frustrating so it’s really up to you. I was on vacation in China last summer and we had a bunch of rainy days in a row so I spent a few hours each afternoon for 3 days while watching Spongebob Squarepants in Chinese.
Put the pants on, stand in front of a mirror, get a ballpoint pen and make straight horizontal lines where you want the slashes. It’s better to space them out and see how they come along and then add more if you want. Also don’t draw the lines as long as you want the slashes to be because then you’ll inevitably see some pen (unless you use a fabric pen). Then take em off and using the seam ripper, open the pants where you drew lines - you can also use scissors I just find seam rippers more seamless winkwink. The shitty part is doing the fringe. Rip threads out along the cuts, perpendicular to the cuts so that the fringe hangs into the cuts. It takes forever and you WILL poke your hands up, I’m not gonna lie. Actually I have butterfingers so maybe that’s just me. You definitely want to keep trying them on in the process too. I made my cuts disorderly; some left, some right, and they start higher up on the left leg, just to mix things up. It looks kinda commercial when they are perfectly even on both legs. When you get tired of ripping fringe you can throw them in the washer/dryer and it should fuck em up more. AND THEN YOU HAVE SLASHER LEGS!
Tegan and Sara show on Wednesday $35 yes or no?
1. I have upgraded to the three fingered ring. I find these to be much more restricting than the two fingered one; I can no longer type as briskly with them on.
2. Unfortunately I have to plead guilty to the (totally bullshit) practice of using grades to judge the caliber of my mind. That said, I like what came in the mail today -
3. Unique for Topshop have come out with kickass skater boots. I’d dig em if they weren’t ONLY in pastel colors…I hate spring collections. A/W > S/S
4. Tulane takes care of tiny hearts!! “The Pediatric Heart Center at Tulane Hospital for Children debuted the first and only combined hybrid cath lab and operating room suite in Louisiana this month. One of only 10 such hybrid cath labs in the country, the lab is not only a fully equipped pediatric catheterization lab but also a full operating room.” Read the article here.